Networker

[Networker] mminfo query help

2011-04-26 12:36:31
Subject: [Networker] mminfo query help
From: Lagerstars <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 06:01:32 -0700
DNS and Host files are fine I believe. I actually dont know where the list of
servers its running through come from as they arent Management servers, or even
backup servers, some might have previously been clients but i cant find
reference to them anywhere.

If i run the query without the volume part of the query, it will return exactly
what is asked for - a list of nsavetimes for the client on the queried server.

mminfo -s <server> -r nsavetime -c <client>
1303394479
1303395204
1303395880

But when i add the volume request to the command it gives that 39076 error for
15-20 server names but somewhere in the mix is the correct information - I just
dont understand why the volume request changes the way the command works in
such a big way. The command is also being run on the server the backup query
relates to as well, so its not trying to query a remote server.

Hi,
I'm trying to put a script together to help automate a couple of things and in
order for this to work i need to get the tape volume name used for a particular
task.
Now im new with where i work and new to EMC Networker so im having a bit of a
baptism of fire trying to learn and pick up stuff quickly.

My problem at the moment is this... I'm running the following command

mminfo -s <Backup servername> -r nsavetime,volume -c <client Servername>

The problem is that instead of just looking on this backup server for the
specified client name, it attempts to resolve DNS names for multiple servers
(All of which fail as they are old and no longer exist) Mixed in with the
rubbish is the information i need, but why doesnt it just return the bit i want
without all the DNS rubbish too?

Thanks in advance for any help!

As i cant edit my post, just to add, the DNS errors are as follows:

mminfo -s <sername> -r nsavetime,volume -c <client name>

39076:mminfo: SYSTEM warning: DNS lookup failed for server.domain : No such
host is known.

Dmitri wrote:

Check if you <client name> has no bogus aliases defined in it's config, and
also verify that your DNS is clean and has no dead bodies defined for your
client's IP and/or hostname.
Normally mminfo should not return anything not related to your specific client