Networker

[Networker] nsradmin command up append groupmembership

2010-07-26 08:49:25
Subject: [Networker] nsradmin command up append groupmembership
From: JKK <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 08:45:32 -0400
Hi.

Im preparing a NetWorker upgrade 7.5.1 - 7.5.3

As the precedure guide recommends, I'm going to run a index backup of all
the clients.

Therefor I've created a group named index and I want all the clients to be
members of this group for the upgrade purpose. I've created a nsradmin
command to append this group membership to all clients. Is there any better
way of doing it than like this script to run with nsradmin -i
<append_indexgroup.txt>

<append_indexgroup.txt> is like this:

. NSR client
append group: index

and I wander if this is problematic to run on a 600 client datazone?

Johannes