Networker

[Networker] Jukebox Madness

2010-07-09 13:44:00
Subject: [Networker] Jukebox Madness
From: Ken Gehring <ken.gehring AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:41:47 -0600
We, we had the fiber channel library controller fail on our Quantum
PX510. No big deal, got it replaced and every thing was back up and
running reasonably quickly. One big problem did show up though.
Whenever the door for the load ports is opened and closed, the library
inventories the load ports (as is should) but then Networker decides
that that isn't good enough and scans all the slots in the library
(adds about 20 minutes to depositing tapes).
Has anyone seen this sort of behavior and were you able to fix it?

Networker 7.4.4
HPUX  11i server
Quantum PX510 library with 10 drives and everything F/C attached

Thanks in advance

Ken Gehring

--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.