Networker

Re: [Networker] Jukebox Madness

2010-07-12 07:55:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Jukebox Madness
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:52:59 -0400
 Ken,

When you open the "door for the load ports"  does that give you access to the
actual tape slots
or just to the input/output ports?  If it only gives you access to the
input/output ports, then
NetWorker should not be doing a full library re-inventory because there was no
way for you to
actually physically touch any of the slots other than the input/output ones.

Wallace88 is correct, as long as NetWorker "thinks" that you could touch any of
the
non-input/output slots....  Doesn't mean NetWorker is correct -- so, if you
can't touch
anything other than the input/output slots -- you should open a case with EMC
to get their code
to better support your library (and be prepared to take a long time convincing
EMC of the truth).

Frank