Networker

[Networker] scanner -i and evaporating indexes - NSR 7.5.1

2010-04-06 15:42:59
Subject: [Networker] scanner -i and evaporating indexes - NSR 7.5.1
From: Ryan <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:41:03 -0400
We were told by our DSE from EMC, to disable nsrim process (by renaming it),
because this process cleans up the indexes.   I believe you have to scan and
then nsrck -L6  <client name> which i believe commits the indexes back into the
online index.  We ran into the same problem, and this is what we had to do when
we had to the same thing with tapes several months ago.  You should only have
to change the browse and retention time of the savesets - which will prevent
the save sets expiring, and becoming recycled.  This may not be right, but it's
what we have done.