Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?

2010-03-19 14:51:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:49:28 +0000
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 05:58:49PM +0000, George Sinclair wrote:
> Under 7.5.1, where do they hide 'default capacity' for the tape
> media? This used to be under the devices for older releases. I can't
> find it anywhere now?

I'm assuming it's still settable via nsradmin.  Something like this
would work on older versions and probably will on 7.5.1.

nsradmin> show name,volume default capacity
nsradmin> print type:nsr device, name:<name>

(verify current default capacity)

nsradmin> update volume default capacity:800G

That will set the "default capacity" for any volume that is labeled in
that device without a capacity override.

Otherwise, you can give a -c <capacity> to label operations.

--
Darren