Networker

Re: [Networker] NW server gets unresponsive when processing jobs

2009-12-22 14:16:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW server gets unresponsive when processing jobs
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:03:59 -0500
Alexander Kaasjager <A.Kaasjager AT dataman DOT nl> wrote on 12/18/2009
07:37:48
AM:

> Hi Micheal,
>
> Did you check the Windows PerfMon for performance issues, heavy
> paging or memory problems.
> Any processes with high mem deltas? I'm suspecting OS performance here.

That was an old message of mine. :-) The problem was that I was running
the NMC on the server. I have 100 clients. Even having the NMC installed
(not running) on the server caused tehse issues. Removing the NMC from the
server, and leaving it only on the workstation that I use for monitoring,
made all my problems go away ...

So the solution was to uninstall the NMC from the server.