Networker

[Networker] Restoring to a cloned enviroment

2009-12-18 09:08:28
Subject: [Networker] Restoring to a cloned enviroment
From: "Terveen, Frank" <Frank.Terveen AT AFM DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:04:47 +0100
Dear all,

We are trying a new thing here and want to know if someone can predict
the impact to the system

We use one Windows 2003 server to backup and restore our production site

We are currently building a test environment which is IP and DNS equal
but not connected to the production site

Our plan is to disconnect our backup server from the production site
Connect it to the test environment
Restore production tape data to the identical location in  the test site

Will legato allow this or is there a MAC issue *(as far as I know
Networker does not use any mac addresses to authenticate)

Enviroment in both sites is Windows 2003 only with Networker 7.4.4
The systems are P to V systems from the production site to the test site

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Disclaimer:
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer_english/
Indien u de link niet kunt openen, neemt u dan contact op met
telefoonnummer +31 (0)20 7972000. Meer informatie vindt u op de
website http://www.afm.nl.
If you are unable to access the link, please dial +31 (0)20
7972000
Additional information is available on the website
http://www.afm.nl.