Networker

Re: [Networker] Merging /appending old indexes

2009-10-22 07:26:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Merging /appending old indexes
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:16:44 -0400
AFAIK there's no way to merge indexes from one NetWorker system into
another, other than scanner followed by nsrck -L 7. Your upgrade shortcut
should have worked, though, as long as you followed EMC's procedure for
changing the name of a NetWorker server. I'm also assuming you didn't try to
move from a "big endian" system to a "little endian" or vice-versa (like
Solaris <-> Windows). That won't work either.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:19:59 -0600, Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT

wrote:

>I have done the shortcut way of upgrading our backup server and O/S, by
copying the files/folders directly and what made it worst is that I used a
new host name and IP address.
>Now every time I need to restore files from backups created before the
server upgrade I have to do tape scanning, tried to use
> 'nsrck -L7 -t mm/dd/yy' option but it will come back with 'index not
found' error.

>Is there a process/procedure to append the old indexes from the old server
to the new server? The old server is still available and not wiped yet.

>thanks in advance,
>
>Librado Pamintuan
>Technical Support Analyst II
>I.T.S
>City of Regina
>
>Phone:          (306) 777-7573
>General Fax: (306) 777-6804
>eFax:             (306) 546-6002
>eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca
>

>DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee
and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the taking of any
action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy this message and
any copies.