Networker

[Networker] Networker Server 7.5.1 not supported on Soalris 10 x86?

2009-04-28 19:24:25
Subject: [Networker] Networker Server 7.5.1 not supported on Soalris 10 x86?
From: rob398 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:11:55 -0400
I have a Sun V215 (SPARC) server running
Networker Server 7.4. I plan to replace
the hardware with a Sun X4200 (AMD 64).
(The X4200 is running Solaris 10 x86, update 6)

I've already installed the Networker Server 7.5.1
client, server, and storage node packages on the X4200:

# pkginfo | grep LGTO
application LGTOclnt NetWorker Client
application LGTOman NetWorker Man Pages
application LGTOnode NetWorker Storage Node
application LGTOserv NetWorker Server

I contacted EMC tech support requesting instructions
for migrating the index and media databases from
the old server to the new server. Rather than help me,
the EMC tech support person is insisting that Networker
Server 7.5.1 is not supported on the Solaris 10 x86 platfrom.

Is this statement true? EMC distributes the server
package for Solaris 10 x86, but does not provide
technical support for using it?