Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Server 7.5.1 not supported on Soalris 10 x86?

2009-04-28 20:03:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Server 7.5.1 not supported on Soalris 10 x86?
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:58:39 +1000
the bible for support is the Information protection software compatability
guide. You can get at this through Powerlink.

dated 31/03/2009 It states that it is supported as a Client and a server.

Siobhán

> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:11:55 -0400
> From: networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM
> Subject: [Networker] Networker Server 7.5.1 not supported on Soalris 10 x86?
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>
> I have a Sun V215 (SPARC) server running
> Networker Server 7.4. I plan to replace
> the hardware with a Sun X4200 (AMD 64).
> (The X4200 is running Solaris 10 x86, update 6)
>
> I've already installed the Networker Server 7.5.1
> client, server, and storage node packages on the X4200:
>
> # pkginfo | grep LGTO
> application LGTOclnt NetWorker Client
> application LGTOman NetWorker Man Pages
> application LGTOnode NetWorker Storage Node
> application LGTOserv NetWorker Server
>
> I contacted EMC tech support requesting instructions
> for migrating the index and media databases from
> the old server to the new server. Rather than help me,
> the EMC tech support person is insisting that Networker
> Server 7.5.1 is not supported on the Solaris 10 x86 platfrom.
>
> Is this statement true? EMC distributes the server
> package for Solaris 10 x86, but does not provide
> technical support for using it?

> |This was sent by rboyd AT ssl.berkeley DOT edu via Backup Central.

> this list. You can access the archives at

Looking for a fresh way to share photos? Get the new Windows Live Messenger.
http://download.live.com/