Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker server experiencing frequent unexpected reboots

2009-04-07 09:33:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker server experiencing frequent unexpected reboots
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:28:21 -0500
Hello,
More often then not this errors are due to faulty drivers, you did not
mention what service pack does Windows 2003 have you tried updating to the
latest BIOS and HP softpack ? you may also check on FC card drivers.
If you disable ASR , would you be able to get bit more data on the dump,
since the problem continued with different version of networker , i do
feel this is an OS event related to faulty drivers, all components should
be checked.
DL360G5 does seems to be lightweight server for networker, considering
number of devices connected to it, not sure, how much data moves through
it, but perpahs DL380 may be more suitable.( Can you tell us how many
client do you have, any SN besides EDL) cloning etc ?
Timing and status of backup when the event occurs may shed some more light
into it.
Thanks

stancole <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04/06/2009 10:38 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Networker server experiencing frequent unexpected reboots

I am throwing this out there to see if anyone can come up with something
else to try.  I have been using Networker on Windows 2003 for about 3
years and have been experiencing these unexpected reboots for most of that
time.  There was a period of about 8 months last year that it didn't
reboot.  It has always been on HP hardware, started on a DL580 G1, then
moved to a different DL580 G1.  Then we bought a new DL360 G5 and the
problem has continued.  There are no dumps being created by Windows and
very little to no info being reported by anything at all.  I have had EMC
support review the logs numerous times and they can't find anything.

I currently have 7.4.4 networker, there are 2 data domain 530's
replicating to a different site.  I have an EDL that is fiber connected
and a i500 for off-site tapes.  The only real consistency is that the
times the reboots happen generally coincide with the fiber connected
devices being in use.  I am using dual QLogic fiber cards into a dual
McData fiber switch configuration the zoning is setup so the networker
server, EDL  and i500 are all in their own zone.

This is the latest Error Code:
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 808977a0, parameter3
a2000000, parameter4 8c010400.

The system has rebooted from a Automatic Server Recovery (ASR) event.

User Action
Determine the nature of the Automatic Server Recovery (ASR) event, and
take corrective action.

WBEM Indication Properties
AlertingElementFormat: 0 0 (Unknown)
AlertType: 5 0x5 (Device Alert)
(ASR) event."
EventCategory: 16 0x10 (System Power)
EventID: "1"
ImpactedDomain: 4 0x4 (System)
IndicationIdentifier: "{EC711C9B-8759-4031-8F3D-8AD3550176B4}"
IndicationTime: "20090405172421.308000-300"
NetworkAddresses[0]: "192.168.190.119"
OSType: 69 0x45 (Microsoft Windows Server 2003)
OSVersion: "5.2.3790"
PerceivedSeverity: 5 0x5 (Major)
ProbableCause: 111 0x6f (Timeout)
ProbableCauseDescription: "ASR Reboot Occurred"
ProviderName: "HP Recovery"
ProviderVersion: "2.1.0.0"
RecommendedActions[0]: "Determine the nature of the Automatic Server
Recovery (ASR) event, and take corrective action."
SystemCreationClassName: "HP_WinComputerSystem"
SystemFirmwareVersion[0]: "2008.11.02"
SystemFirmwareVersion[1]: "2008.09.29"
SystemGUID: "34333231-3535-5355-4d36-343930394732"
SystemModel: "ProLiant DL360 G5"
SystemName: "nsrsvr001.scriptpro.com"
TIME_CREATED: 128834438693112905 0x1c9b63d4923cc49

But they vary and more often than not, there is no error code at all.

If anyone has anything that might help it would be greatly appreciated.  I
am at the end of my rope with this thing.

|This was sent by scole AT scriptpro DOT com via Backup Central.

type