Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker server experiencing frequent unexpected reboots

2009-04-06 11:52:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker server experiencing frequent unexpected reboots
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:46:52 -0400
Go into the HP bios and disable ASR. Seriously. The ASR timeout has been an
issue on many machines that push the IO. This is a known issue with HP.
There is a watchdog timer in the bios and when it doesn't get it's hello, it
reboots the server. You can try to run the very latest HP Support Pack
(8.20) which just came out, but I'd recommend just say no to ASR.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139