Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker host: Solaris vs. Windows vs. Linux

2009-03-10 05:20:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker host: Solaris vs. Windows vs. Linux
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT au>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:15:30 +1100
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, tkimball wrote:

Solaris 10 is mostly rock solid.  Just don't install 5/08 or patch to it (in
particular if a T2000 or similar is involved).  A network change (for
consistent network drivers) was horribly bugged, and throughput went into the
gutter on the T2K.  The 10/08 release fixed it enough to make me happy to
continue.

Hi, can you please shed more light on the T2000 issue?

We are using T2000's in various ways and are experiencing the horrible throughput issues you describe without resolution.

We run a T5220 with Solaris 10 8/07 for Legato and so far it's doing fine but our 20 or so T2000's are not all working very well at all throughput wise, with Zones dropping off, sluggish response, java performance etc.... and they are all patched towards 5/08.....

If you could steer me to more documented info I'd be very grateful!

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT