Networker

[Networker] Recovering from an expired volume

2009-02-04 09:10:23
Subject: [Networker] Recovering from an expired volume
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:06:45 -0500
I seem to be drawing a blank here. I have a volume that is in the media
DB, but the save sets are marked as "expired" (which is correct, as the
volume has passed it's retention period). To be able to recover from this
volume (I see the saveset that I want to recover from), do I only need to
do a "scanner -i" first, to rebuild the index? I don't need to do a
"scanner -m" first, because it's already in the media database?

This is a saveset that is contained all on one volume.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM