Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovering from an expired volume

2009-02-04 15:49:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovering from an expired volume
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:47:21 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
02/04/2009 03:16:57 PM:

> Hello,
>
> you're right, but you can go faster in providing the client name or
> even the ssid (if you know it) in your command.

Thanks

> Note that the -i option rebuilds both index and media database.

I believe that's only true if your saveset does *not* extend across
multiple tape volumes. If it does, you are supposed to do a "scanner -m"
(which you can do in parallel, BTW - run it simulataneously on multiple
tapes) to populate the media database, but then you must do a "mminfo" to
discover the order of the tape volumes that the saveset is stored on
(i.e., tape 2A has is the beginning of the saveset, and 4A has the middle,
and 3A has the tail of the saveset), then you must do a "scanner -i" in
that order (i.e., 2A, then 4A, then 3A) in sequence. Not in parallel.