Networker

Re: [Networker] Getting NetWorker client to skip specified ports at startup

2008-12-17 08:21:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting NetWorker client to skip specified ports at startup
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:18:21 -0500
Be aware, that future clients may require more ports, so you may get yourself into a situation (as I have) of using nsrports to set the number of service ports to just what is needed and then upgrading the client to a new version and finding nsrexecd won't start because there are not enough ports available.

Then you have to run nsrports to update things and then you can start nsrexecd to see how many ports the new client needs.

Frank