Networker

Re: [Networker] Getting NetWorker client to skip specified ports at startup

2008-12-10 17:16:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting NetWorker client to skip specified ports at startup
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:13:06 -0500
That is indeed the default and it is far greater than anything that is
needed.  I usually only set the range to the minimum needed which is
usually 7937-7940.  These are used by the server to communicate with the
client.  The data transfers are done via the connection ports which are
usually very high port numbers.  I also open these ports in the firewall
on the client (aka iptables).

Patti Clark
DOE/OSTI