Networker

Re: [Networker] Error: Networker filling tapes prematurely

2008-10-29 09:34:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Error: Networker filling tapes prematurely
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:31:49 -0400
Those appear to be Library properties, not Tape Drive properties....

You need to look at the Tape Drive device properties to see when it was
last cleaned... This should also show you the cleaning interval set for
the device , I have 5 LTO-2 drives, the cleaning interval is set to 6
months. I clean them at least that often, or more if we begin to get any
errors on them.

While You can change the tape mode back to appendable, it will not
address the error that is causing your tapes to marked as full in the
first place. The tapes being marked as full is a symptom of a bigger
issue that you will need to resolve first. Otherwise your tapes will
continue to be marked as full long before they have reached their
capacity...