Networker

Re: [Networker] Error: Networker filling tapes prematurely

2008-10-29 11:17:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Error: Networker filling tapes prematurely
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:15:43 -0000
We spent ridiculously much time troubleshooting this (finding the faulty gbic).
In our case we had two MDS's connecting the EDL and the Networker together. The
MDS's were connected via 4 FCIP channels. We disabled one FCIP channel at a
time and ran a test for 24 hours. When we had no error for 24 hours, we could
take a good guess that the disabled FCIP channel had faulted gbic, at either
end of the FCIP.

That turned out to be the Case. We spent too much time chasing the drivers and
HBA configurations. If you have SCSI errors you should see it in daemon.raw.

Jóhannes Karl Karlsson
Rekstrarlausnir
Skýrr

johannes.karlsson AT skyrr DOT is