Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux to Solaris Networker Server Migration

2008-09-25 18:13:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux to Solaris Networker Server Migration
From: Randy Doering <rdoering2 AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:10:23 -0400
Another approach, which I did a couple of years ago (Tru64 to Linux), and if you have the luxury of doing so, is to just shutdown your Linux Networker server and start using the Solaris from scratch. Keep the Linux Server around in case of possible recovery situations - depends on your Browse/Retention policies, amongst other particulars I'm sure.

If you've converted your activation codes, just make sure you don't have both the Linux and Solaris servers up at the same time as both will become disabled when they discover each other. At least that's what happened to me when after I got the Linux server online.

Randy

----- Original Message ----- From: "tomasperez696" <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>