Networker

Re: [Networker] Disable disk staging?

2008-06-22 06:17:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disable disk staging?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:06:14 +0300
Eugene Vilensky wrote:
On trying to unmount the disk device, I recieve
"adv_file disk /d2d/storage02 is idle".

On trying to remove it from the pools, I receive,
"Please umount device ***** before removing it from pools *********"

You are not supposed to remove the device from the pool (it doesn't work like that). If you go to the pool configuration, you will see the list of groups which the pool accepts. You should uncheck those groups that should not go to the disk on the disk device pool and check them in the pool that holds the tapes.

 You need to change the pool configuration and make sure that there are no
groups in the pool of the disk device (it should be on a pool of its own).
Obviously, you will need to assign those groups to the pool of the tape
devices.

--

-- Yaron.