Networker

Re: [Networker] Disable disk staging?

2008-06-21 17:21:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disable disk staging?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:10:32 +0300
Eugene Vilensky wrote:
Hello,

I am running nw 7.2 jumbo on a RHEL3u9 server.  I have a disk device
that can't seem to stage out fast enough in order to avoid network
connection termination across our network.  I want to disable the
staging and try to multiplex direct to tape.  Under "customize,
staging" disabling the staging does not seem to be enough. Many of the
clients still try to write to the disk device.

You need to change the pool configuration and make sure that there are no groups in the pool of the disk device (it should be on a pool of its own). Obviously, you will need to assign those groups to the pool of the tape devices.

What are the options I need to check in order to disable staging
completely for all groups and all clients?  Should I remove the disks
from the system level so as networker not have access at all?

Thanks all,
Eugene

--

-- Yaron.