Networker

Re: [Networker] Tech Guidance for 7.4, 7.2.2 extended support

2008-05-09 09:49:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tech Guidance for 7.4, 7.2.2 extended support
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:45:57 -0500
A rule of thumb is 8GB of RAM?  Is there a more precise calculation,
something akin to the "10Mhz of CPU cycles for every 1 MB of data that is
flowing across the server"?  We have a 2GB Sun V40z, and even at peak load I
do not think swap file has ever been used.  I'd love to state the case that
it is not enough :)