Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker and Data Domain

2008-05-09 09:27:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker and Data Domain
From: David Dulek <ddulek AT fastenal DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:25:10 -0500
We use Data Domain as our only D2D2T, over NFS, and then replicate it to our
other Data Center.  We have been using them for quite a few years.  Feel free
to ask specific questions or contact me directly.

Some bad experiences:

The DD200, the original, ran out of index space because our compression was
too good. (Nice problem to have) :)

Currently our bottleneck during our backups are the GigE.  Yes, I could do VTL
but I choose not to for reasons I care not to discuss in this thread.

Some good experiences:

Tape library failed in the middle of the night and I didn't have to get out of
bed. :)

Pro active support.  They have opened more issues after looking at the nightly
reports and "call homes" then I have.

Good support.  I have had every issues resolved before closing it and not with
here's your bug issue number.