Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrjb script to deposit volumes

2008-04-14 18:08:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrjb script to deposit volumes
From: Bruce Breidall <Bruce.Breidall AT CONCUR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:08:11 -0700
Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks very much.

-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Davina Treiber
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 5:01 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

Bruce Breidall wrote:
> Is it possible to deposit a volume, relable the volume to the SCRATCH
> pool, and set the recycle mode automatically?
>
> I am experiminting with nsrjb to provide a script the operators can
run
> when they put DR tapes coming back into the access port. We use
barcodes
> on a L700 sun (STK) silo, and I have to make this as automated as
possible.

> I was hoping that someone in this fine community might already have a
> script to do this, that they might offer. Seems to me that it would be

> something line nsrjb -d -N, with some type of logic to understand the
> slot/barcode picked by the deposit so the volume can be relabeled and
set
> to recycle.

#!/bin/ksh

# Deposit any/all tapes
echo "Depositing tapes from CAP"
SLOTS=$(nsrjb -d -v 2>&1 |grep "^box_deposit: slot " | cut -d\` -f2 |
cut -d\' -f1)

# SLOTS now contains a list of slots which may have had tapes deposited
into them
# in the above operation. Some of these slots may be empty, this is not
a problem.
for S in $SLOTS
         do
         nsrjb -L -b SCRATCH -Y -S $S