Networker

[Networker] Linux Networker client floods network?

2008-03-31 08:39:49
Subject: [Networker] Linux Networker client floods network?
From: Phil Myers <pmyers2 AT CONEMAUGH DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:35:56 -0400
Hi group.

Have any of you ever seen the following problem with a Networker client on
Red Hat?

When the backup group starts, the Networker client begins broadcasting on
the entire network on all VLANs, flooding the network and causing a
virtual standstill.  My network engineers tell me that this particular
client keeps trying to broadcast to the legato server as if it can't find
it.  However, the data on this client is being backed up.  No other
applications on this particular client exhibit this behavior; network
operations are only affected when this Networker client starts backing
up.  We have tried 7.2.2 and 7.3.3 versions of the Linux client; same
result.  Does this sound like a Networker client issue or do you think it
would be a hardware issue?

Thanks for the help!

Phil Myers
pmyers2 AT conemaugh DOT org