Networker

Re: [Networker] Client Setup Error

2008-03-21 13:09:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client Setup Error
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:07:13 -0400
On Mar 21, 2008, at 12:53 PM, tkutil wrote:
I get this error every once in a while and I don't why it is happening and how to fix it. Networker will sometimes think the new client is already an alias of another client and not let me create the client. Here is the exact error.

An alias of this client is already an alias for client "insert client name here". This is not recommended. Re-apply only if client is a cluster configuration.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Check the aliases list for your other clients, especially any client entries that have the same IP address or host name as the client you are trying to add. Also check the /etc/hosts file on your NetWorker server for any host name conflicts.