Networker

[Networker] restore for a client that no longer exists

2008-03-21 13:14:31
Subject: [Networker] restore for a client that no longer exists
From: Kevin Malone <kcmalone AT SALISBURY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:11:45 -0400
Here is a situation I have never run into:

There are some files on a server that we retired some months ago that someone
wants me to restore.  The files are about a year old.  I have the full backups
from a year ago in tape form, but since that server was retired and that client
no longer exists in Networker, how would you (or can you) go about restoring a
save set from a client that is no longer known by Networker?

Kevin