Networker

Re: [Networker] Adding a Superloader3

2008-03-11 14:04:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Adding a Superloader3
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:00:37 +0000
Nico De Ranter wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to add a Quantum Superloader3 to my existing Networker
7.3.2build11 server but I have no luck getting it configured.

I've attached the autochanger to an empty scsi card. SCSI id is set to 5
(standard). Rebooted with 'reboot -- -r' (Solaris) to make sure the OS
sees it.  Did a 'scan for devices' and 'configure all libraries' via the
management console.  A new item pops up [email protected] however when I try
'configure library' I get a message saying 'library is not
auto-configurable, please use jbconfig to configure the library'. When I
try jbconfig it complains: 'The drives in this jukebox cannot be
auto-configured with the available information. You will need to provide
the path for the drives.' Providing something like '/dev/rmt/4cbn'
doesn't work.  I don't see a new device in the 'Devices' section in the
management console either.

I updated /kernel/drv/sd.conf to make sure all luns get scanned (is this
still necessary on Solaris 10?) and rebooted again but no luck.

sd.conf won't have any effect on tape drives as it relates to disks.
try st.conf.