Networker

Re: [Networker] "Probe" errors when trying to back up remote clien

2008-03-06 14:25:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] "Probe" errors when trying to back up remote clien
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 14:21:43 -0500
On Mar 6, 2008, at 2:13 PM, bbemis wrote:

One thing I forgot to add was that the remote server is NAT'ed behind a firewall and is using a private IP in the 192.168 range. I'm not sure if that could have an effect on the backup failing or not.

It wouldn't surprise me. Can you ping that IP address from your backup server? If not, its a deal breaker for server initiated backups.