Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato is confused...

2007-12-18 23:10:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato is confused...
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:07:06 -0500
On Dec 18, 2007, at 8:36 PM, Peter Viertel wrote:

You may have encountered a duplicate volid, or there may be a record for
that volid with a different volume label already .. If there's really
only one tape involved, try deleting all the information for that volid
from the database then scanner it again...

Alternative course of action would be to use scanner to actually extract the saveset instead of trying to index it - see the manpage for scanner
command.

I see this happen once in a while. In my experience, its easily resolved by using the -c option on the recover command because the local host name differs from the one that was used to create the host's NetWorker client resource. In fact, I had exactly that problem earlier today (Tuesday) on the machine that's used to host this list. I did a "recover" and found the file I wanted to get back, but NSR didn't know where the backup was located, so I quit out of recover and I did "recover -c listserv" and it worked fine after that.