Networker

[Networker] RE [Networker] Legato is confused...

2007-12-19 05:05:03
Subject: [Networker] RE [Networker] Legato is confused...
From: Jeremie Lebec <Jeremie.Lebec AT DEVOTEAM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:01:22 +0100
Hi Peter,

Do you try both command nsrim-X and nsrck -L6 to check media and index and
have clean databases after your scanner.
I just have a customer with the same issue Volume needed : unknown and it
solve his problem to restore from tape.

Regards.
Jeremie

Peter Grace <pgrace AT TPFX DOT COM>
Envoyé par : EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
18/12/2007 23:18
Veuillez répondre à
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Veuillez
répondre à
Peter Grace <pgrace AT TPFX DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Objet
[Networker] Legato is confused...

Hi list,

Legato can't seem to figure out which tape a restore is on.  I just used
scanner to scan the SSID into the database on this machine (via the
command "scanner -i -S <ssid> /dev/nst0").  Usually when I do this,
everything works fine.  This time, however:

recover> recover
recover: Total estimated disk space needed for recover is 3592 KB.
Recovering 1 file into its original location
Volumes needed:
        Unknown
Requesting 1 file(s), this may take a while...
NSR server `backup1.voicefx.com': Cannot find the volume needed

Is there a way for me to trick legato into knowing it's on the right
tape?  I know what the tape id should be.

Pete

type