Networker

Re: [Networker] SYSTEM STATE backups

2007-09-20 21:23:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] SYSTEM STATE backups
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:19:11 +1000
I got an answer from support just recently about this message. My
understanding is that the 5aa message comes from the windows API used to
dump the data out of the registry and you can look the error up like
this:

Converting from hex to decimal 5aa = 1450

C:\>net helpmsg 1450

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

EMC has documented the issue and issued a fix which is rolled into
7.3.3:

esg71782 -- Error: SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Cannot save Registry key
SOFTWARE: 0x000005aa

"LGTpa80816 A scheduled and manual Backup of a SYSTEM STATE save set
from a Windows 2003 client failed with error message:
ntrssms30004:SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Cannot save Registry key
SOFTWARE: 0x000005aa"

The fix may be as simple as rebooting the Windows client and if that
does not work then update the client that is failing to NetWorker for
Windows 7.3 SP3.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act
in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of
them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any
attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may