Networker

Re: [Networker] {Networker] Windows2003 R2 change tape order at boot

2007-09-18 04:30:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] {Networker] Windows2003 R2 change tape order at boot
From: "Jespers, Bart" <Bart.Jespers AT FUJITSU-SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:20:34 +0200
Hello all,

just to be sure...

can we use the IBM tape drive persistent logical tape drive name binding on
windows for use for Networker? or can this only be used for TSM on windows

does anyone actually tested the following (or any other config, which gives
absolute prove)

startsituation
windows server with acces to 3 tape drives
tape0 --> \\.\Tape0
tape1 --> \\.\Tape1
tape2 --> \\.\Tape2

for some reason the physical tape1 is not accesible and the windows server is
rebooted. normally this would result in the following tape mapping
tape0 --> \\.\Tape0
tape1 -->
tape2 --> \\.\Tape1 (which will cause problems!!!)

following what I read, using the new driver this should give
tape0 --> \\.\Tape0
tape1 -->
tape2 --> \\.\Tape2

is this correct?

besides this, the same question for the tape drive and robotic failover
feature. does anybody has allready tested this with networker

thanks

bart