Networker

Re: [Networker] how to prevent of label new tapes

2007-06-06 17:16:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to prevent of label new tapes
From: "Kantor, Adam" <adam.kantor AT BASSETT DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:06:07 -0400
As long as the tapes belong to the same group, then you shouldn't be
leaving half full tapes.  Networker will finish one tape before starting
with the next tape.  If you want to force the issue, you can always pull
all the other tapes out of the group, leaving the unfinished tape to be
written to, thus forcing the write to only that tape.

The only way I can think of to consolidate tapes, would be to clone all
the appropriate savesets to a new volume, then just recycle the old
volumes.

Adam