Networker

[Networker] Difference between these RMAN script lines?

2007-04-24 16:19:48
Subject: [Networker] Difference between these RMAN script lines?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:18:23 -0400
Not specifically a NetWorker question but could any of the Oracle experts tell me what the difference between these 3 lines of rman script code is? Will they all produce the same results as far as a level full backup for the database? We're using NMO with NetWorker.

backup as backupset incremental level 0 cumulative database;

backup as backupset database spfile;

backup full database;

How about these 2 different lines for an incremental?

backup as backupset incremental level 1 cumulative database;

backup incremental level 1 cumulative database;

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210