Networker

Re: [Networker] VM Backup server?

2007-04-12 19:01:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] VM Backup server?
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:59:13 -0500
One of the reasons you do this, is that you already have a VM server up
and running, or at least configured, and ready to run, at your DR site.
You simply recover at the DR site, and you are up and running.

While we are not using VM Ware on Networker backup server, we are using
them in some of our production machines, and will probably even expand
the number of servers that are "virtualized".

David M. Browning Jr.
LSUHSC Enterprise Network Operations/Help Desk