Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 list of known problems

2006-12-01 07:21:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 list of known problems
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:04:55 +0100
On 2006-11-30 11:57, King, David revealed:

KD> Listing the problems on 7.3.2 for posterity:  I'll add as people send
KD> more to me.
KD>
KD>     1. nsrauth problems (?)

Still there, but not as severe as before. Haven't seen it occur randomly
in 7.3.2 .

KD>     3. GUI problems.  Groups don't show finished until cloning is
KD> done.

NMC could be better. We're forced to use a client with networker 7.2 on
it, in order to use networker administrator.

KD>     4. drive target sessions problems.  7.3.2 ignores configuration
KD> on Networker and uses its own.

Not what I can see. Details?

KD>     5. major media index problems.  (?)

Not any major ones that I know anyway. Details? :)

KD>     7. nsrjobd process that manage save job database could crash.
KD> Rebooting every 3 hours to 2 weeks has been experienced.

Not seen many of those crashes, if any.

KD>     8. When a save is submitted, nsrmmgd error causes many tapes to
KD> load before writing.  Possible fix is to kill nrrmmgd manually.

POssibly related to number 1? Either way, 7.3.2 still feels a bit new and
buggy to me, although it is much better than 7.3.0 . I would probably
still wait if I wasn't already on 7.3 code. :)

..and I hope all of you who are having trouble with 7.3 really take the
time to report the problems, and ensure they are escalated if there is
indeed a code problem.

//Oscar