Networker

[Networker] Why do I see this message - (NDMP) reading:Input/Output error

2006-11-09 06:05:09
Subject: [Networker] Why do I see this message - (NDMP) reading:Input/Output error
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:57:30 +0000
I have configured an EMC Celerra for backup using NDMP protocol in a Shared
tape environment. Each time i start the NDMP backup the the following error is
produced when the tape is put into the tape drive --
  rd=emc-nas:c32t0l0 (NDMP) reading:Input/Output error.
  The backup is successful and the tape drive appears to write and read
correctly. Any ideas why this message is being produced and how can I prevent
it.
  I have Not configured the timers on the Library properties apart for the idel
device dismount option which is now 2 minutes.

  Regards.