Networker

[Networker] Off-topic: E-mail netiquette (Was: Re: [Networker] Recovery)

2006-05-22 02:24:20
Subject: [Networker] Off-topic: E-mail netiquette (Was: Re: [Networker] Recovery)
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:22:41 +0200
On Mon, 22 May 2006, Matthew Robert wrote:

MR> This email is to be read subject to the disclaimer below.

WTF? This must be automated. Please use gmail or some other non-spamming
service.

And in general, people who send emails which such disclaimers only
accomplish the following:

1. Spam people and their inboxes with junk content.
2. Piss people like me off. (maybe thats an objective? :) )
3. Show that they work for a clueless employer who thinks such a
disclaimer makes ANY difference to how people will treat the information,
or how a legal court would handle information spread compared with a case
where the disclaimer was not present.

Also, IMHO, people with autoresponders that respond to other mails
than those addressed directly to them (which seems fairly common on this
list), must die as well. I know exchange server needs a registry setting
on the server to behave correctly, but if you have a clueless exchange
administrator, please don't use the autorespond feature at all.

It would also help if more people would refrain from
jeopardy-style-quoting, and instead reply in chunks below the relevant
parts of the original text.

Sorry if I seem like a pain in the ass today, but it seems like many
corporate users today never think of how they use email today, probably
because they started to use email using Outlook Express to send cool
animated gif's to their friends...? :)

//Oscar

Ps. Look, I managed to edit away
all the junk disclaimers when quoting