Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 and Overland NEO 2000 library

2006-02-20 16:55:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 and Overland NEO 2000 library
From: Siobhan Ellis <Siobhan.Ellis AT ENSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:54:17 +1100
As a matter of course, I've always found NetWorker to be mor ereliable with CDI
switched off. The exception to that is 7.3 on Linux, where we HAD to turn it on.

Siobhán Ellis
Principal Technology Consultant
ENSTOR Pty Ltd
Level 10, 118 Alfred St
Milsons Point
NSW 2061
Australia

Mobile: +61 424 750 544
Phone: +61 2 9900 2100
Fax: +61 2 9900 2199
e-mail: siobhan.ellis AT enstor.com DOT au
web: http://www.enstor.com.au

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Siobhan Ellis wrote:

SE> Nick,
SE>  the hardware compatability guide is here
SE> http://www.legato.com/support/websupport/compat_guides/networker.htm.
SE> See page 23
SE>  As for certainty that something will work, pretty much as long as a
SE> library conforms to the SCSI-2 command disk set, then it'll work with
SE> NetWorker.

But if you run into troubles, like we did, with CDI causing the qlogic
driver to crash, EMC support refused to help with the following excuse:
The SAIT-1 drives on the T950 were not supported, only LTO-3 drives are
supported. There's always a bigger loophole when talking to EMC tech
support. That said, its probably safe to conclude that it really doesn't
matter if your current configuration is "supported" or not..

//Oscar