Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 and Overland NEO 2000 library

2006-02-20 02:46:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 and Overland NEO 2000 library
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:43:54 +0100
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Siobhan Ellis wrote:

SE> Nick,
SE>  the hardware compatability guide is here
SE> http://www.legato.com/support/websupport/compat_guides/networker.htm.
SE> See page 23
SE>  As for certainty that something will work, pretty much as long as a
SE> library conforms to the SCSI-2 command disk set, then it'll work with
SE> NetWorker.

But if you run into troubles, like we did, with CDI causing the qlogic
driver to crash, EMC support refused to help with the following excuse:
The SAIT-1 drives on the T950 were not supported, only LTO-3 drives are
supported. There's always a bigger loophole when talking to EMC tech
support. That said, its probably safe to conclude that it really doesn't
matter if your current configuration is "supported" or not..

//Oscar