Networker

[Networker] Power Receptable for ADIC i2000

2006-01-31 05:05:29
Subject: [Networker] Power Receptable for ADIC i2000
From: Jim Ruskowsky <jimr AT JEFFERIES DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:04:15 -0500
Hey gang -

I know this isn't a specific NetWorker question, but since it deals with
the periphery that I'm sure many of you are using I'll throw it out here.

We are purchasing two new i2000's (LTO3 drives / redundant power) for two
of our locations.  The reference guide from the web tells me in one
paragraph that I need to install an L6-30 connector, then the following
chart shows the need for a NEMA L5-30.  My sales person told me I needed a
6-30R.

Now the only simlarity here is 30A capacity.

Can anybody with some real life experience with these in USA tell me what
that have in the floor.  I also have a call in to ADIC, again, on this
issue.  I am trying to avoid having to call the electricians back at both
sites due to lack of accurate information up front.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Jefferies archives and reviews outgoing and incoming e-mail.  It may be
produced at the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation.
Jefferies accepts no liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result
of  transmission. Use by other than intended recipients is prohibited.