Networker

Re: [Networker] W3k_64 bit_LTO2 Not working Help Urgent

2006-01-25 09:45:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] W3k_64 bit_LTO2 Not working Help Urgent
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:41:07 -0500
I'm not familar connecting these to windows but "drive status unknown" might
be CDI related ??   Under devices for each tape drive turn off CDI.

Just a wild guess..probably won't help.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:31:44 -0500, Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT

wrote:

>Hello
>I have new FC attached Drives on Adic i2000\IBM tape drives.
>I am unable to get networker funtionality working, either loading
>drives\lable backups etc.
>1. All known versions of IBM tape drives for windows 2003 64 bit were
>tried, none working.
>2. This is Dell PE 6850 server, SP1 for W3k.
>3. Qlogic QLE 2462 Drivers.
> FC mapping have 8 drives with lun 0 for control path not being used by any
>other drives on any other HBA configured to use lun 0.
>we removed all drives but one in ADic i2000 and did jbconfig
>the wizard discoverd more then one drive, with first drive at \\.\Tape0 he
>wanted to configure addtional drives, when we only assigned one.
>What are the recomendation in this senario, what troubleshooting we should
>do, how can we verify the connectivety on FC and between i2000.
>Any one has seen something similar ?
>Any suggestions, Any issues with drivers on 64 bit os and IBM\ADIC?
>all help is welcome
>Thanks
>Shoulnt this output have tape manufacturers name in it <> ?
>Why does FC drive order keep changing on rebooting server when persistant
>binding on FC cards is enabled.
>:\>tapes
>[email protected]:\\.\Tape3 is <>
>[email protected]:\\.\Tape4 is <>
>[email protected]:\\.\Tape5 is <>
>[email protected]:\\.\Tape0 is <>
>[email protected]:\\.\Tape6 is <>
>[email protected]:\\.\Tape1 is <>
>[email protected]:\\.\Tape7 is <>
>[email protected]:\\.\Tape2 is <>
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems