Networker

Re: [Networker] W3k_64 bit_LTO2 Not working Help Urgent

2006-01-27 09:01:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] W3k_64 bit_LTO2 Not working Help Urgent
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:00:27 +0100
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Matthew Huff wrote:

MH>  I'm glad that you resolved your problem. However, we have a StorageTek
MH> L180 with 6 x IBM LTO-2 drives. All are native FC including robotics. We
MH> have CDI turned on and have zero problem. So it may work with some
MH> libraries and some FC switches, etc... So I would say that turning CDI
MH> for FC is not required for all systems.

We get qla driver oopses with our SLES9 storage node if we enable CDI on
the devices attached to that storage node. The main solaris sparc, which
is attached to the same library doesn't have any problemns though.

I guess EMC hasn't tested their CDI implementation enough to get it
working/stable on all "supported" platforms... :P

//Oscar