Networker

[Networker] remote access list issue when saving

2005-11-02 03:45:28
Subject: [Networker] remote access list issue when saving
From: Patricio Mora <patricio.mora.ext AT JUNTADEANDALUCIA DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 03:39:11 -0500
Hi all. I had seen errors like this before, but only when doing a directed
recover, never in a save (note elrond is the server)

The only relevent fact with this client is that its IP was chaged prior to
this errors. Before it was saving correctly. I had deleted all indexes
refering to previous and actual IP, add all possible aliases refering both,
with no success.

Adding the client to the server's remote access list in fact works, but i
think it is not the correct solution. ¿Whats happening? TIA.

(Server and client are Solaris 9 machines with EBS 7.0 both)

Sun StorEdge(TM) Enterprise Backup savegroup: (alert) Default completed,
total 1 client(s), 0 Hostname(s) Unresolved, 1 Failed, 0 Succeeded.
(wandaweb01 Failed)

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* wandaweb01:/etc/vfstab 2 retries attempted
  wandaweb01:/etc/vfstab: No full backups of this save set were found in the
media database; performing a full backup
* wandaweb01:/etc/vfstab save: RAP error: User root on computer wandaweb01
is not on elrond's remote access list
* wandaweb01:/etc/vfstab save: Cannot open save session with elrond