Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?

2005-08-31 08:41:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:39:20 -0400
On Aug 31, 2005, at 8:17 AM, Clark, Patricia wrote:

I did not find RHEL4 client support mentioned anywhere in the release
notes, but went ahead and installed it on one of my boxes.  While it
appeared to communicate with the server, it timed out on backing up any of the savesets. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not seeing any v2.6
linux kernel support.  I cannot report, yet, on the more general
performance.  I wanted to get my full backups done over the weekend
before tackling the upgrade.

One of the new fixes in 7.2.1 that really appeals to me is a fix to the problem where when the backup of one client fails, it just hangs its savegroup. The release notes say this issue has been fixed. I hope so. I know some people have scripted their way around this problem, but I would rather the problem actually be fixed, and it looks like Legato did fix it. We'll see though if the fix actually works, because the one night of production time I have had with 7.2.1 so far is not enough of a barometer.

"signoff networker" in the