Networker

Re: [Networker] My client indexes won't update anymore (for one NFS mounted directory)

2005-08-31 11:32:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] My client indexes won't update anymore (for one NFS mounted directory)
From: Jens Nickel <nickelj AT BLUEWIN DOT CH>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:29:03 -0400
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:21:24 -0400, Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:

>On Aug 30, 2005, at 8:15 PM, Steve Bishop wrote:
>
>> I run mminfo to get the list of the latest savesets and their
>> times, it gives me the following:

>>  1124848809
>>  1124935207
>>  1125021609
>>  1125108008
>>  1125194442
>>  1125241388
>>  1125358733
>>
>> If I try to list the files for the client using nsrinfo with the
>> timestamps
>> above, legato does not show anything for the most recent backups
>> ("0 objects
>> found").  If I go back to timestamps from last week, it works.  I
>> know that
>> there have been files backed up, but I am unable to retrieve any
>> information
>> from the indexes.  In fact, if I look in my /nsr/index/client/db6
>> diretory,
>> I see recent data files.
>>
>> -r--------   1 root     other    1760928 Aug 29 20:07 4313bda8.rec
>> -r--------   1 root     other     248972 Aug 29 20:07 4313bda8.k0
>> -r--------   1 root     other     186232 Aug 29 20:07 4313bda8.k1
>> -r--------   1 root     other       3852 Aug 29 20:10 4313bf4c.rec
>> -r--------   1 root     other        240 Aug 29 20:10 4313bf4c.k1
>> -r--------   1 root     other        300 Aug 29 20:10 4313bf4c.k0
>> -rw-------   1 root     other          0 Aug 30 16:07 v6journal
>> -rw-------   1 root     other      10912 Aug 30 16:07 v6hdr
>>
>> I have run "nsrck -L5 client".  It did not report any errors.
>> This is Legato 6.1.3.
>>
>> My /nsr disk is not full.  There is over a GB of free space.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu
>> and type "signoff networker" in the
>> body of the email. Please write to networker-
>> request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems
>> wit this list. You can access the archives at http://
>> listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
>> via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER
>
>The entries for "client" may be corrupt. You should try "nsrck -L6
>client"
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems
>wit this list. You can access the archives at
>via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. What i tried first was a nsrck -L6
<client>, but that wouldn't help.
I then stopped the networker server moved the corrupt client indexes from
the indx directory away, started the server again and did an nsrck -L6 for
the whole server, after that the client could be backuped again.

hth

regards

Jens