Networker

[Networker] default client--how to check via nsradmin?

2005-03-16 17:02:54
Subject: [Networker] default client--how to check via nsradmin?
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:57:03 -0500
Hi,

I'm seeing a case with Networker 7.1.3 where I have two client objects for the networker server (one for daily, one for monthly backups--we separate into pools based on groups), and even though I've set the default client to be the "daily" client, so the indexes don't keep my daily tapes from being recycled for a long period, it looks like that is being set to the "monthly" client.

So before I add additional client objects to all the groups to force the issue, I've got two questions:
1. Has anyone seen this before?
2. Anyone know what the nsradmin characteristic is that sets the default client?

Thanks,

Dave

===================================
David Gold
Sr. Technical Consultant
Cambridge Computer Services, Inc.
Artists in Data Storage
Tel: 781-250-3000
Tel (Direct): 781-250-3260
Fax: 781-250-3360
dave AT cambridgecomputer DOT com
www.cambridgecomputer.com

*Any ideas, suggestion or comments are mine alone, and are not of my company*